When buyers are looking at properties online or in estate agent’s particulars, they make their minds up in seconds. That’s why having the very best photographs of your home is so important. Get the photos right and it could mean higher offers and a quicker sale. Why? Well, because first impressions count.
Some tips to prepare your home for photographs.
- Choose the time of day when the front of the property is shown in a good natural light.
- Move vehicles from the outside of the property.
- Try to choose a bright day.
- Remove any clutter such as bins, hoses etc.
- Mow the lawn and remove weeds.
- Clean the windows.
- Remove untidy throws from the sofas.
- Make sure rugs are all placed properly.
- Arrange cushions to look tidy.
- Any toys should be out of sight.
- Clear all work surfaces, making sure no tea towels or chopping boards on show.
- Move bins out of sight.
- Close all cupboards.
- Hide fridge magnets.
- If you have pets remove feeding bowls and beds.
- Clear the sink, no dirty dishes or dishes in drainer.
- Make all beds and chose bedding which compliments the room.
- Anything under beds should be completely out of sight.
- All drawers and wardrobe doors should be closed.
- Keep the toilet lid down.
- Close the shower curtain.
- Any towels should be neatly arranged and folded.
- Remove clutter like shower gels and tooth brushes.
Setting The Scene Internally.
- Moving the furniture around may help to make the room look more spacious.
- Make sure your home is well lit and replace any light bulbs that have gone out.
- Open all blinds and curtains.
- Fresh flowers help to breathe life into a property.